A beautiful salad that tastes superb!
2 beets, peeled and cut into wedges
10 baby carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 Inch pieces
1 turnip, ends cut off and cut into 1 inch pieces
8 purple fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ shallot, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
⅓ cup good quality balsamic vinegar
⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
2 ounces feta cheese, shaved or crumbled
2. Place all root vegetables in a large bowl, drizzle with oil and toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide mixture between two sheet pans and spread evenly.
4. Roast vegetables for 30 to 40 minutes, gently tossing around with a wooden spoon to ensure even roasting.
5. Remove from oven and allow vegetables to cool, 4 to 5 minutes (if serving cold, allow vegetables to cool completely before refrigerating until ready to serve).
6. Transfer vegetables into a large mixing bowl and gently toss together with balsamic vinaigrette. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
7. Top with pine nuts and feta and serve.
2. While whisking add oil, in a slow and steady drizzle, until fully incorporated.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. About 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve, pour vinaigrette over salad and toss together until well coated.
5. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve